Staying Safe Online
We take online safety very seriously. Here are some ways in which we help our children stay safe online:
- School's internet service is heavily filtered by our Internet Service Provider.
- When teaching Computing, our staff include online safety as part of the curriculum
- Our local PCSO from Cumbria Constabulary comes in to talk to the children about keeping themselves safe and cyber-bullying issues.
- All children are also aware that if they are ever worried about anything they can talk to any adult in school about this.
Parent Online Safety Newsletter
Please read our latest Online Safety Newsletter that can be found in the files box below. This newsletter keeps parents up to date with the latest information to ensure you are able to teacher your children about staying safe online.
Cumbria Safeguarding Children's Partnership
The Cumbria Safeguarding Children's Partnership is a body that works to ensure children and young people throughout Cumbria are kept safe and have their needs met.
Important Contact Details:
- Starting Point - for all safeguarding concerns: Telephone: 0333 240 1727
- Out of Hours (Children/Young People/Adult Social Care)
If you believe them to be at risk of immediate danger call the Police 999 telephone number. If you believe there is a safeguarding concern which requires a social work response out of hours call the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0333 240 1727.
- NSPCC - National Helpline
Telephone: 0808 800 5000
Telephone: 0800 11 11
- Thinkuknow - an Internet safety education website for children, parents and teachers produced by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre
- Childnet International - the website of Childnet whose mission is to work in partnership with others around the world to help make the Internet a great and safe place for children.
- NSPCC - helpful advice and tools you can use to help keep your child safe whenever and wherever they go online.
- UK Safer Internet Centre - e-safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe online.
- Childline - Childline is there to help anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they are going through. Trained counsellors are there to support. Childline is free, confidential and available any time, day or night.