At Wreay, safeguarding is treated as being of the highest importance.
All visitors are signed in and out of school by a member of staff. All staff members take regular refreshers in safeguarding, using the Cumbria Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) e-learning portal. All volunteers in school are required to have an up to date DBS check.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead - Jim Bone (Head of School)
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead - Victoria Ray (Class Teacher)
- LGB Member with responsibility of safeguarding - Bob Hewson (Chair of LGB)
- Lead Teacher for Prevent - Rob Blake (Executive Head Teacher)
- Designated Teacher for Looked After Children - Jim Bone (Head of School)
- Mental Health Lead - Victoria Ray (Class Teacher)
You can view our Child Protection Policy here.