At Wreay, safeguarding is treated as being of the highest importance. Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility!
Safeguarding is the process of protecting children from abuse or neglect. Preventing impairment of their health and development. Ensuring they are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care that enables children to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully.
All visitors are signed in and out of Wreay school by a member of staff. All staff members take regular refreshers in safeguarding, using either the Cumbria Safeguarding Children Partnership e-learning portal, National Online Safety and Safe Haven Consulting. All volunteers in school are required to have an up to date DBS check.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead - Catherine Gosson-Low (Head of School)
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead - Victoria Ray (Class Teacher)
- LGB Member with responsibility of safeguarding - Bob Hewson (Chair of LGB)
- Lead Teacher for Prevent - Rob Blake (Executive Head Teacher)
- Designated Teacher for Looked After Children - Catherine Gosson-Low (Head of School)
- Senior Mental Health Lead - Catherine Gosson-Low (Head of School)
- Mental Health Lead - Victoria Ray (Class Teacher)
You can view our Child Protection Policy here.
The single contact number for Cumbria Safeguarding Children Partnership should you have any concerns (day or night) is: 0333 240 1727